Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Assignment #9

What can we learn from Mrs. Caassidy?

Mrs. Cassidy teaches an elementary class. Her students love to write their blogs. One reason is they can write to people around the world. One thing they learn is to be very cautious of what you write on the internet. Another thing is being careful not to hurrt anybody's feelings in your writings. In Mrs. Cassidy's approach to using technology in the classroom is taking the time out to learning the students and technology and getting them to learn it as well. She gets the students to understand that other people can read their work and comment on them and not just her. That can warm them up to the idea because it can make them feel more excited to know more people are seeing the things they write I would try all of these because not every approach works for everybody.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Miriam,
    I enjoyed reading your post on Mrs. Cassidy. I think Mrs. Cassidy's guidelines for the usage of the Internet was a positive way to set the tone for what's expected out of the students when surfing the web. I plan on utilizing her technique with my future elementary students. I noticed two minor corrections that can be made within your post; the misspelling of "hurt" and I noticed your picture didn't provide a source on where you found it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Miriam. I am in the EDM510 class.I love to see elementary teachers teaching their syudents to blog. I think that what Mrs. Cassidy is doing is really important. All of the skills that she is teaching to these young elementary students such as; connecting with the global community, using good blogging etiquette, and being careful what they write are all important skills that they will need to be successful in our high tech world. I do not know what Mrs. Cassidy said but I am assuming that what you mean by ,"Being very cautious of what you write on the internet", is that they should not give out too much personal information and they should be careful not to say anything inappropriate. Also, I am a little unsure what you meant in your last sentence. I think that all of the points that you mentioned should be done in all blogging classrooms and they are not just methods to choose from but necessities. Thanks for sharing Mrs. Cassidy's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you cover all you learned from watching the three Cassidy videos? Did you watch all three? I can't tell that from what you have written.

    ReplyDelete